believe the children's center forms a "new
neighborhood" for parents and children in which to interact
and grow. We actively work to involve families in our program.
- The center's open-door policy
welcomes and encouraged parents to call or visit at any
- A parents' resource board is
available where parents can find articles and other helpful
materials on parenting, child development, and health and
- Parenting seminars and special
- Conferences will be held with
parent at least once a year or whenever necessary.
- Parents are urged to call the
school at any time to arrange additional conferences or
discuss by phone any questions or problems they may have in
relation to their child or child's development.
- An annual Parent Survey allows
parents to rate and comment on all aspects of the program.
- Parents are encouraged to
provide daily program feedback to teachers.
- Daily, weekly and monthly
formal and informal communication takes place through
vehicles such as morning and afternoon greeting, classroom
bulletin boards, parent bulletin board, center calendars,
newsletters and conferences.
- Parents are invited to attend
field day activities with their children.
- Parents are invited to come in
and share special activity, project, hobby, talent or play a
- Parents are welcome to
volunteer to assist teachers or help with projects or